A FASHION EDITOR TURNED HEALTH AND PROFILE WRITER? BELIEVE IT.
If fashion fixation had rehab, I would've been committed in childhood. The daughter of a fashion retailer from London, I grew up reading the trades and signed up to attend Paris collections at age 10. Not that my allowance covered airfare.
Cut to post-college, when I became a full-time fashion writer, editor and photo stylist.
But I'm also more than a pretty dress.
While working at major newspapers I sought every beat, so I'd be versatile later as a freelancer. Since then I've honed my specialties to include profiles, health articles and interior design writing.
The determination, curiosity and adventure that spurred me to style a fashion shoot in the middle of Parisian rush-hour traffic also led me to dodge bullets in Belfast, be shaken by a major Mexican earthquake and invite a murderer’s mom to an interview because I figured the pizza chef wouldn’t kill me in front of her.
Hire me and I’ll give you the deep dish.
Contributor to a Pulitzer finalist, I also work as a profile writer and B2C/B2B content writer, strategist and ghostwriter on:
MEDICINE & HEALTH for American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Haymarket Media, Infectious Disease Advisor, Pharmaceutical Executive, Contemporary OB/GYN, Managed Healthcare Executive, MJH Life Sciences and 12 hospitals in five states: Texas' Memorial Hermann, Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital and UTHealth, New Jersey's Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Jersey City Medical Center, Clara Maass Medical Center and RWJ University Hospital Rahway, Florida's Tampa General Hospital, Jupiter Medical Center and Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Massachusetts' UMass Memorial Medical Center and North Carolina's Cone Health Medical Group. Also: Diabetic Living, AllAboutVision.com, GQ, National Geographic Traveler, Men’s Journal, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, GH, Redbook, Woman’s Day, Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Details, Shape, SELF, and Professional Compounding Centers of America.
MARKETING, PACKAGING & RETAIL for Association of National Advertisers, IABC (International Association of Business Communicators), CMO.com, Entrepreneur, USA Today, Pace, Manifest, Hearst, Forbes, Time, Mastercard, Visa, AARP, Meredith, Imagination Publishing, Ink, Brafton, The Pohly Co., International Interior Design Association’s Perspective, Wells Fargo Conversations, Wells Fargo Home, Regions, U.S. Bank’s Reserve, Western Union, Penske, Bonnier, City University of New York (CUNY), Rice University, National Association of Realtors’ Realtor, JCK, InVision, DMN, Vision Care Product News, DAYSPA, NAILPRO, DealNews.com, Palm Beach Media Group, Smart Work Media, First Vision Media Group and InMarketing.
PROFILES, FASHION & INTERIOR DESIGN with profiles of designers, celebrities, CEOs, doctors, billionaires and athletes. Also fashion trend forecasts, features, branded content, art direction and photography for W, GQ, Allure, Palm Beach Illustrated, Naples Illustrated, art&culture, AllAboutVision.com, Four Seasons, Modern Luxury Interiors Texas, Modern Luxury Weddings Houston, InStyle, Staples Worklife, Florida Design, The Ritz-Carlton, Neiman Marcus The Book, Bar and Restaurant, Sotheby's ONE Life, The Breakers' Traditions, Real Simple, Art & Antiques, Glamour, Glamour UK, Redbook, GH, More, Seventeen, United’s Hemispheres and Rhapsody, American Airlines' American Way and Celebrated Living, Metropolitan Home, Fresh Home, Home, Family Circle and Neiman Marcus Entree.
LUXURY TRAVEL for Departures’ Ultimate City Guides to Houston and Dallas, Travel + Leisure, National Geographic Traveler, Southern Living, The Daily Beast, Gayot.com, Four Seasons, The Ritz-Carlton, Private Clubs and Caviar Affair Magazine.
REGULAR GIGS AS:
- Profile Writer at Palm Beach Illustrated and Naples Illustrated (cover profiles), Jupiter (cover stories), art&culture, The Breakers' Traditions, Four Seasons, INVISION, Modern Luxury Houston, Modern Luxury Weddings and Pinnacle Magazines.
- Contributing Writer at Modern Luxury Houston Magazine, on fashion, interior design, art, weddings and beauty.
- Contributing Writer at CMO.com, Adobe’s website for Chief Marketing Officers.
- Contributing Blogger at Memorial Hermann Hospitals' Everyday Well Health + Wellness.
- Frequent contributor and former columnist at MJH Life Sciences' Managed Healthcare Executive.
- Houston Correspondent for retail trade Women’s Wear Daily for 11 years, Allure for eight years and Lucky for one year.
- Contributor at JCK Magazine, the top trade magazine for the jewelry and watch industry.
- Fashion Editor and Stylist at Houston Chronicle and Memphis Commercial Appeal for six years.
- Acting Art Editor at Memphis Commercial Appeal for one year.
- Journalist at major newspapers for 11 years in Houston, Dallas and Memphis, as investigative journalist, also medicine, courts, crime, international news, fashion and features.
- Contributing Writer at United’s Rhapsody Magazine, contributing fashion profiles and trend features.
- Founding Fashion Editor, Chief Fashion Writer and Resident Fashion Expert at MasterCard’s Luxury Magazine (formerly Black Card). I helped launch the magazine, forming the fashion vision and aesthetic. I wrote copy and headlines, and chose art for the fashion pages of the print-only quarterly received exclusively by MasterCard’s top spenders (and formerly Visa’s).
- Fashion and Beauty Editor at Caviar Affair, whose readers have a median net worth of $18.3 million. I curated sublime fashion, beauty, interior design and luxury travel for the quarterly.
- Fashion/Interior Design Editor at VIVMag, an elegant online quarterly and Folio Eddie award winner for women.
- I also contributed to nine books, including Carolina Herrera by Alexandra Kotur (Assouline, 2004), along with Vogue’s Anna Wintour and Vanity Fair’s Graydon Carter.
Excellent references available upon request. More on LinkedIn.